Picture it: paying at the grocery store 2 nights ago when I (Amber) hear the following page over the loudspeaker:
“Customer service to the customer service desk”.
Just another WordPress.com weblog
Have you experienced the goodness that is Jersey Shore?
It’s the MTV reality show about a group of people in their early 20s who spend a summer @ the Jersey Shore.
It is classic on so many levels, hello “The Situation” and “JWoww”.
Arrested Development star Michael Cera is clearly a fan, posing here after getting “Jersey Shored” with Pauly D.
Here’s a news report about the “controversial” Jersey Shore.
Yesterday, I tried to hypnotize Frankie during the News You Can’t Use @ 8:50 so he wouldn’t eat out anymore.
Well, he didn’t eat out yesterday, sticking to his New Year’s resolution, so I think it worked!!
Here’s the hypnotic music I used:
Here’s what I did:
1. Have the person you’re working with sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
2. Talk slowly in a soothing voice (it doesn’t have to be monotone).
3. Say “Take a deep breath and as you let it out, close your eyes and begin to feel yourself relaxing.” (If their eyes are already closed, leave the eye closing out)
4. Have your subject put their awareness on different parts of their body and relax them. You can use language such as “Now become aware of your arms… now relax your arms… let them grow more and more comfortable… let the muscles become loose and limp and even more relaxed”. Repeat this type of instruction for all areas of the body.
5. Sprinkle your language with plenty of positive reinforcements such as – “That’s right, good, you’re doing just fine.”
6. Repeat if necessary: Depending on the person, you may have to repeat the whole procedure a few times. For most people 10 or 15 minutes is enough.
7. When you’re ready to emerge them just say “I’m going to count to five, when I reach five or before, your eyes will open and you’ll feel relaxed and refreshed”. Count up to five slowly with your voice getting a little less soothing and a little more “awake” with each number. When you reach four, if their eyes aren’t open say “On the next number your eyes will open and you’ll feel relaxed and refreshed. Five, eyes open, feeling relaxed and refreshed.”